A total of 147 magnificent photos, about twenty more than last year, were submitted as part of the new edition of the CIUSSS photo contest. Whether it’s a place of worship, a public square, a well-known park or an event, the photos all represent an essential view of Montreal. With autumn now upon us, these photos provide wonderful memories of summer.
Once again this year, a jury made up of five CIUSSS staff members from various backgrounds had the difficult task of finding the winners. The photos were selected anonymously by:
- Felipe Argaez, Photographer, JGH AV Team
- Patty Ferraresi, CAP Info-Social and Polarisation
- Elizabete Leal, Clinical Activity Specialist
- Parthenopi “Popy” Orfanidis, Nurse Manager, Father Dowd
- Melanie Rudnitski, Co-Lead, Employee Engagement and Recognition Program
For the 55 employees who participated this year, the jury awarded three grand prizes and two honourary mentions:
- First prize: Vidette Uon, Nurse, Info-Santé
- Second prize: Samar Bel Hadj, Laboratory Manager and Research Assistant, Lady Davis Research Institute
- Third prize: Rolande Philippe, Radiation Oncology Technologist, Jewish General Hospital
- Honourary mention: Alexey Skripanev, Administrative Technician, CLSC Benny Farm
- Honourary mention: Mohammad Afshin, Physician, Rossy Cancer Network
A record number of employees from the JGH and about 15 establishments of our CIUSSS participated in this third edition.
Dr. Lawrence Rosenberg, CIUSSS President and CEO, announced the winners at the CIUSSS Annual General Meeting on Thursday, November 7. Each winner received a commemorative plaque and a water bottle or wine tote in the colours of the Montreal Transit Corporation.
“For a third consecutive year, the photos received between July and September will be presented as part of a travelling exhibition, through the network’s social media and on the CIUSSS intranet site,” said Communications Specialist Julie Beauvilliers, who was in charge of organizing the photo contest and exhibition. “For the 2019-2020 edition, more than twenty establishments in our network will be hosting this exhibition, from November 7, 2019 to April 9, 2020,” she added.
Details about the travelling exhibition will be shared with CIUSSS employees soon.